Being a home maker it really bothers me when there is shocking inflation of basic things. Onion’s price has shooted up to 75/- and then to 100/- Rs per Kg in some places!!!
Onion is the basic ingredient of Indian recipies and onion prices have more than doubled in Lasalgaon in Maharastra, India’s largest wholesale onion market, which sets prises for the whole country.
1. Chop the radish green leaves into real fine pieces. Cut radish in small cubes.
Cut 1 small brinjal inti smack cubes, also cut 250gm pumpkin into small cubes.
2. Heat Oil in Kadai/Frying Pan.
3. Add Kalo Jeera(Kalonji) and Shukno Lanka(Dry Red Chilies) as tadka.
4. Sauté the radish pieces and all vegetable pieces.
5. When they are little soft add the green leaves.
6. Add salt, turmeric and cook in low flame, covered.
7. Sauté till they are soft. In low flame it takes 45min to cook properly.
8. Final product will be semi wet / non gravy but not fried!!
9. Serve with Rice or Roti.