Whole spices, dry red chillies and coconut milk makes this rice very fragrant and spicy.
2 cups basmati rice - soaked in water for 30 minutes.
500gms chicken cut into small peices
7 tsp oil
3 tsp salt, 1 tsp haldi powder
4 1/2 cup ready made coconut milk or fresh coconut milk
3 1/2 tsp lemon juice
PASTE (makes 1/2 cup approx)
5 dried red chillies
2 onions chopped
12-14 flakes garlic
4 tsp chopped ginger
2 tsp cumin seed (jeera)
2 tsp saunf (fennel)
2" stick dalchini (cinnamon)
seeds of 2 moti elaichi (cardamom)
1/4 tsp grated jaiphal (nutmeg)
4 tsp sabut dhania (coriander seeds)
4 laung (cloves)
8 sabut kali mirchi (black peppercorns)
1. wash the chicken pieces and rub a pinch of salt and turmeric.
2. I have prepared fresh coconut milk here. For this grate 1 big fresh coconut, soaked it in 1/2 cup warm water for 30 min. Then grind it to make a paste and squeeze the milk out with the help of a muslin cloth.
If the coconut milk doesn't come out to be 4 1/2 cup then you can also add water to make it 4 and 1/2 cup.
3. Grind everything enlisted in the paste which will look like this.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a kadai / pan, pour the above paste and fry in medium flame till it becomes brown in color.
5. Now add chicken pieces and cook in low flame till the chicken is half cooked.
6. (I made this pulao in microwave oven). Drain the soaked rice.
7. add the chicken gravy and mix well. Add the coconut milk, add salt and turmeric powder as per taste.
Put in microwave oven and cook for 20min (or as per your type of rice because i feel different rice takes different cooking time)
8. Enjoy the heavenly taste of coconut milk flavored pulao...
I have also added chopped tomatoes and coriander leaves (dhania patta) in garnishing, u can add it if you prefer or also could skip it.