Today i made this "Pabda" fish, don't know whats called in english and hindi! but all bengalis must be knowing that Pabda is really a tasty fish...and a favourite of bengalis.. :) although people prefer to cook big pabda fishes but i choose pabda macher pona i.e, baby pabda fish..
Let me add a quick recipe of it too..
1. Marinate fish in salt + turmeric for 30min and then deep fry them.
2. Heat oil in a kadai and add garlic, fry t for 2-3 mints. Then add in chopped tomato. Fry it well until it becomes mushy and oil separates out.
3. Add in turmeric, red pepper powder and salt. Let it cook another couple of mints and then add 1 cup of water for the gravy.
4. Now let the gravy comes to one boil.
5. Add fried fish pieces. Let it cook covered for 10-14 mints at low.
6. Take out hot and serve with hot white rice.